Friday, October 7, 2016

Introduction


I myself never looked into the prohibition. Sure I am a fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald's most popular book, The Great Gatsby , But to say I studied the details on this topic would be false. However, I always wanted to spend a period of time searching the outcomes, reasons, and content of a historical event. I will be focusing on the violence and rebellions of the Prohibition of the 1920’s and 30’s. This includes mobs and gangs that developed through bootlegging and details on why people could not follow the simple rule to not drink. When the research train comes to a stop, my expected “gain” out of it is a better knowledge on the history of the Prohibition and how this caused violence to erupt and caused gangs to develop and stick to this day. I also look forward to getting a sense of how the bootlegging industry was able to create potent fluids with apparent limited circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment